Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDA programming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubulindo

Electrical
Jun 3, 2003
SG
Hello,

i'm new to pocket pc's and i would like to know how to develop software for these devices?

I use VBasic in my pc applications and therefore, if this language could be supported in PDA devices it would be great.

I would like to know any sites where i can gather moere info about this subject!

Best regards, Carlos Cardoso

Best regards, Carlos Cardoso

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Which pda? if Palm the best place to start is there is a free environment that you can use to develop code for these devices. If you want to develop code for WINCE (yes its pronounced that way) you actually can use VB but there are limitations and the development system will cost an arm and a leg as it's only available from Microsoft. There may be free dev environments for WINCE but they won't be VB.

OK i know its late but if anyone else wants to know get the Jeoge Virtual Machine (Java Compilor) use personal java it is effectivly java 1.1 which is extremly functional for the PDA it includes support for Bluetooth Wi-Fi and has Swing everything you could need! Java is actually not to bad to lwearn more difficult than V.B. but not as bad as C++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back