Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDM Check in Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

colt4522

Mechanical
Mar 5, 2010
US
I am trying to check in a drawing and assembly but i keep getting the error of "The file isn't checked out by you, which is required by the operation." I have the files checked out in my name in pdm and i have no clue why it will not allow me to check-in the files.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

try retaking ownership of the drawing and assembly. Are you using workgroup or enterprise?

Colin Fitzpatrick (aka Macduff)
Mechanical Designer
Solidworks 2009 SP 4.1
Dell 490 XP Pro SP 2
Xeon CPU 3.00 GHz 3.00 GB of RAM
nVida Quadro FX 3450 512 MB
3D Connexion-SpaceExplorer

im on enterprise. the only option I get is to check in or to undo check out and I still get the same error when I undo the check out.

That really shouldn't make a difference Chris. When you checkin the assembly it should ignore that file and will be unchecked.

Mechanical Designer
Solidworks 2009 SP 4.1
Dell 490 XP Pro SP 2

that's true....assume nothing!

Mechanical Designer
Solidworks 2009 SP 4.1
Dell 490 XP Pro SP 2

I got it fixed got fed up with messing around with it. I just saved a local copy on my computer and deleting the files on pdm then restored them on to pdm. just another one of the fine features in solidworks and PDM

That works.

Colin,
I have had it happen, weird.

Yesterday I had SWExplorer open looking at vault files. When I clicked on part files, assy files would display...and assy files would display parts. Didn't happen when looking at local files. Also weird.

Chris
SolidWorks 09 SP4.1
ctopher's home
SolidWorks Legion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back