Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pdm software

Status
Not open for further replies.

saspinall

Petroleum
Sep 17, 2004
US
I used to work for a company which used Pro/PDM for its cad management. I now work on Pro/E at another company but they dont use any PDM software and only have a couple of users so dont require Intralink. Does anyone know of any other PDM style software to handle issues, revision etc of Pro/E cad files.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

At one time PTC had a free download of a CAD manager.

Intralink is the best for a small organization, but it could be overkill. THere are a few from Europe that may handle Pro/E data.

SmarTEAN, PDMLink and TeamCenter are way to complicated and overkill for a small shop.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

TRUEvault from TRUEinnovations. I am not sure if this program is still available. Last time I checked, it was less than $1000.00 U.S. They also have a free program for cleaning up your Pro/E directories (TRUEutilities).

Regards,

JW

saspinall,

Take a look at DesignDataManager from Concurrent Systems Inc, Ltd. This lightweight data management solution will give you all the control you need.

Typical companies using DDM are from 1 seat of Pro/E up to about 12, but there is no limit....

This product aslo supports a Multicad envoironment with integrations into Pro/E, Solidworks, Inventor and IronCAD.

You could call it a 'mini Smarteam' product, but no where near the cost. The product starts at about £600

Check out for more information, product movies etc....

Best of luck,
Xmun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back