Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

PDM - Which one? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunCAD

Industrial
Jul 18, 2002
US
I am currently looking for an enterprise wide document management solution. I have looked up previous posts on this subject and while learning some things I would like to get some user input.

The PDM software I am looking for needs to be able to:
-handle SolidWorks files (looking at Gold Partners)
-handle MS Office, PDF, image, Protel, etc... files
-routing/approval of documents
-e-mail notifications
-web based to allow remote users to retrieve data (without installing a client application on remote machines - we would like to allow some customers to "log in" and see certain data - would also like to involve customers in non-conformance routings/approvals)
-ability to link production/quality documents to a part / PO / Job Order / Work Order / etc... (need to present traceability to clients upon demand)
-ability to link to ERP system thru custom programming (Made2Manage is our ERP system)
-file security - once a document is checked-in to the vault it cannot be modified unless checked out - can't be checked back in until it has been approved

I put together the long list of what I want to generate good responses. Any experience, good or bad, will be appreciated.

Louis

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We also NEVER upgrade SW versions until SP4.0 or higher....and like Kevin said we test and test and test.

I was trying to locate but i can't......Has Mechworks verified DBWorks with SW 2006? I am sure the have though.

Ed Hulse
Sr. Designer/DBWorks Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back