Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDM\Works Advanced Server ProÆs and ConÆs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Standing

Mechanical
Jan 14, 2002
We are thinking about getting a seat of SolidWorks PDM Advanced Server at $5000. We are thinking that the API hooks would help us automate our ECN process. Has anyone tried it?
Thank you

Bradley

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For what it's worth...

We are in the process of implementing a new PDM system (Meridian by Cyco). While shopping around, I found that nearly every PDM software had VB capability which would allow access to SW API.

[bat]All this machinery making modern music can still be open hearted.[bat]

Bradley,

I use pdm adv server here and I like it very much.. in addition to the api hooks that you can use, it also also has a nice messaging feature to inform other project participants of things that pertain to them. for instance of another designer on the project changes something on his model in the vault, adv server will send out a notification telling anyone who has referenced that part, that the part has been modified and that they need to update.

Regards,
Jon
jgbena@yahoo.com

Bradley,
We are considering PDMWorks. My issue is with or without advance server. I understand that with advance server you get some sort of web viewing capabilities. How do you currently handle letting other departments view what's in the vault.

Thanks,
Donnie

Donnie,
Currently we do not let them look at Cad drawings. They have to request a print from Doc Control. We use redlines on paper to update our drawings. Our goal is to use either the Web portal at $5000. Or a floating seat of the PDM, which means only one person at a time, could use the floating seat. We are also thinking about eDrawings in a separate server location. Doc control wants to PDF all drawings to a separate server location.
The problem we have is; we do not want other departments to view non-released drawings. Our engineers are checking in changed parts on top of released parts, which is OK if you know what to do when you want as build at the released version.

Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back