Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDMWORKS 2007->2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

behindpropellers

Feb 23, 2005
US
Well after installing 2008 we have been dead in the water now for about 24 hours and counting.

I got a 1720 error, and this is what the var said to do:

"the error message is due to IIS

1. Go to Add and Remove Programs and uninstall the Web Portal and go to the IIS Services and delete the pdmweb folder if the uninstall did not delete it.

2. Modify the PDMWorks server install and make sure that there is no red X in front of the Web Portal and now reinstall.

3. If you are still getting this Error 1720 make sure you don not have IIS Lockdown running. If you do you need to turn it off and install the Web Portal again."

Well I did not have any of that installed so I called the VAR again. This is the next set of directions:

"Per our conversation you are going to back up your vault; un-install the PDMWorks Server and re-install PDMWorks Server 2008.

As I mentioned, this was will be resolved in SP1.0, but this is the work around SW tech support is providing."

So I backed up the vaultdata folder and re-installed. After it was re-installed I overwrote the new vault data with the original files.

At this point I have lost all of my settings, and our projects are not showing up in the vault. I know there is something in the folder since it is about 2GB.

Right now the VAR is working directly with solidworks on getting this resolved.

Anybody else have this problem?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

From SolidWorks:

This issue has been reported in SPR 396380 ("Error 1720 installing PDMWorkGroup Server 2008SP0 as an upgrade to a PDMWorks Server 2007Sp4.01 vault"). and it is fixed in the development version of SW2008SP1

To workaround this problem first uninstall the existing PDMWorks Server, then install a new PDMWorks server at version 2008 referencing the original data files.

Jeff Mirisola, CSWP
Dell M90, Core2 Duo
4GB RAM
Nvidia 3500M

Got it to work.

One thing I have noticed is that solidworks does not clean out the registry when you remove it. So the problem was with the registry, I had to modify where it was pointing.

Tim

Very few programs do a thorough job of cleaning up the registry when or after they are removed. Third party utilities like CCLeaner and RegCleaner are often needed.

The SolidWorks Uninstall Utility from does a good job.

fishing.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back