Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDMWorks display problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LENEW

Mechanical
Nov 7, 2003
CA
I have been obssessed with PDMWorks display problem. I am using SW 2004 with PDMW 2004. The mouse cursor disappears and right click menu missing text, and many other odd things. Anybody has same trouble? Close sw and re open sw will fix the problem. Then it shows again and again.

Anybody encounter this problem?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I too am having this trouble and I am currently investigating the problem... Which service pack are you using just out of curiosity..

Regards,
Jon
jgbena@yahoo.com

Have had the same problem - the instructor in the PDMWorks class I took a month ago had the same problem when showing something to the class! Only solution I know of is to restart SW.

Heheh Were you in my class Bgoldstein?? Thats Exactly what happened to me when I was teaching!

Very good Lenew... I have the same issues with the same service packs... I am talking with the developers about it and I will see if that is corrected in sp2

Regards,
Jon
jgbena@yahoo.com

LENEW

The Issue that you are referring too happens in some installations of PDMWorks 2004 but not all (apparently only a small percentage of the Solidworks community have experienced these problems). Our company had the same issues; we even had AutoCAD prints that would disappear in the vault after they were checked-in with references added.

Our VAR (GoEngineer) were aware of the issues and advised that we install Solidworks 2004 SP2.1 and PDMWorks 2004 SP2.1 (which we did), now the applications are working correctly and the issues appear to have been rectified.

I case anybody has not upgraded yet, service pack 2.1 looks to be a great improvement over the previous versions. Solidworks is finally starting to behave in a much more stable manner.

John Cole
Sr Mechanical Engineer
Impco Technologies, Inc.

tvrman, thank you very much. I upgraded my pdmw to sp2.1 after I saw your reply. I played for a little bit, seemed no problem in this short period.

Just don't know why this thing happens to only a small percentage.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back