Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PE Exam Oct 07

Status
Not open for further replies.

yakyeti

Geotechnical
Jul 1, 2007
US
Dear all

Earlier I received many good advices from several of you on taking PE Civil exam after 20+ years of graduation. Thank you all for the valuable advices

I did take the exam on Friday, 10/26. The exam was not that difficult in the sense that, apart from a few, most questions of AM portion were basic. The few questions were pretty long and needed several steps in analysis.

I took Geotech in PM. Again half of the questions were not that hard. However, the remaining half were tricky and taking many steps.

As you know, after taking any exam, we get nervous in waiting for results, which take so many weeks. And no one outside NCEES probably know yet the PE passing score as it is different for different exams, "Angus" method of statistical analysis, etc., etc., etc. Despite this, based on your previous experience, what would you guess if I have -

AM 40 questions: 30 correct, 5 likely correct, 10 not sure and 5 wrong
PM 40 questions: 20 correct, 5 likely correct, 15 not sure and 5 wrong.

- a pass, a fail or a close call.

Would appreciate any guess.

Thanks and regards

yakyeti

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry here, but you're going to have to sweat it out like we all did. [bigsmile]

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good hunting. If you did your best, you did just fine.

Mike McCann
McCann Engineering

Sorry, I made wrong counting of questions. It should have read:

AM 40 Questions: 30 correct, 5 likely correct and 5 wrong
PM 40 questions: 20 correct, 5 likely correct, 10 not sure and 5 wrong

(My aplolgy)

Thanks
YY

I also took the PE on friday. After months of studying, I can honestly say that the least stressful part of the entire process was the test itself. Hopefully the state board will send me a nice Christmas gift.

They don't do it that way... There is no real way to tell. It is a normalized curve compared to a normalized "professional curve" and then again it is a comparison based on who did what. Wrong/Right isn't going to help you.. But praying will!

Still waiting in KY. I have a co-worker who received his results the week before Christmas last year. I'm still checking the mailbox everyday.

Hi all:

Though too late to share the good news with you, I passed the Oct 07 PE Exam. I was out of town for some time.

If you read my first email, you will realise that passing PE after 20+ years out of school is not a joke.

Good luck to all taking in April 08.

cheers
YY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back