Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

PE Exam Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjd97

Structural
May 2, 2006
US
Anyone know how long Illinois takes to get PE Exam results out? It's been six weeks and it's driving me crazy!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

you will find out.

You may not get the most out of your current employer, but offer from outside would be more. 10% difference is not uncommon for same type of position, in consulting world.

Key is to get promoted or get a higher position in other firm.

While I don't have a great deal of experience in moving around and bargaining I can note the following:

success on the PE is usually awarded with a single payment of $1000 or so. As a way of saying thanks or good job. I feel, the reason is that it is really expected of engineers and in most companies is not the end of the world if you don't have it.

Usually moving on to another company will result in a raise between 5-10K.

The PE is definitely marketable but more important is how many clients you've spoken to with your PE.

The PE, like lawyers passing the bar, allows one to seal and represent your clients. Just as the bar allows a lawyer to stand before the court on the clients behalf.

Regards,
Qshake
[pipe]
Eng-Tips Forums:Real Solutions for Real Problems Really Quick.

"success on the PE is usually awarded with a single payment of $1000 or so."

All I got was a handshake and my nameplate changed.

...which I thought was fine!

Dave -

let me tell you I was in the same boat when I received my PE and SE. I wasn't at the company were I'm at now and I didn't get anything....not even a handshake. As I noted it was kind of expected.

This company will not only pay money but they'll even put your name in the company newsletter.

Regards,
Qshake
[pipe]
Eng-Tips Forums:Real Solutions for Real Problems Really Quick.

A few years ago, I received my state licence about a week before the results. It took me a few minutes to realize I passed the test, I kept looking for something that said what my score was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back