Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PE for California SPCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich134

Chemical
Feb 2, 2003
US
I hope this message is not in violation of the guidelines. I have read them and I think it is OK. If not, I apologize in advance.

I am a consultant and one of my customers has a plant in Fullerton CA. Technically, they don't need an SPCC, but they want one anyway. California requires SPCCs to be certified by a PE registered in CA. Our PEs are only registered in MA, RI, and CT. I need help.

I would appreciate any recommendations.

Rich

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need to find a firm in southern California that does environmental work. Kleinfelder, Inc. ( has a number of offices in the area; so does CH2M Hill ( You can also check out the California Geotechnical Engineers Association (CGEA) ( for other firms.

Good luck -

[pacman]

Please see FAQ731-376 by [blue]VPL[/blue] for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Most national firms have offices in California and most of them would have PEs with experience related to SPCC Plans.

Even though a company doen't technically need a SPCC (at least based on 40 CFR 112), in California, they are being mandated for everyone with oil storage above 660 gallons, and it has to be the full blown one in compliance with Federal requirements for a PE certification. I don't agree with the burden on industry, but I currently have 3 in progress. At least the deadlines were extended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back