Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

PE Results 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clubb

Civil/Environmental
Dec 12, 2014
US
I took the PE in October in Kansas. I have been checking the license verification website to see if I have been added all this week, and today my name showed up. I haven't gotten anything back from NCEES or the State, but does this mean I have passed?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am just guessing, but its likely your name was added (in the software database) before the "automated" response letter was sent directly to you. Have patience, these state agencies are usually small staffed and highly bureaucratic. Your actual certificate should come from your state licensing board.

And YES - CONGRADULATIONS!

Keep up with your CEU's and monitor your ethics wisely

Hold on, I've seen people get added to license verification websites and even get so far as getting license numbers before state boards retracted it as a mistake. This is a VERY small number of people but don't consider yourself 100% there. However, this can only be taken as good news and I think an early congratulations are somewhat in order.

Maine EIT, Civil/Structural.

Also, apparently some states will put people on rosters in preparation for results. It could just mean results are pending. Time to start mashing F5 on the NCEES website...

Robgus: Definitely not. NCEES or PCS (depending on the state) will likely have the results displayed first. I imagine seeing your name on a roster prior to results is not common. Nobody on engineerboards has received results for the PE yet so don't worry.

I'd say that you have 100% nothing to worry about yet robgus. However, this likely does mean that results will be released soon. So perhaps next week you'll have your results.

TeMightyEngineer: Mine says pending. It was just a shock to see my name in the system today as it wasn't in there earlier in the week.

Yeah, as best I can tell Kansas just dumps everyone who took the exam onto there under "pending". Nothing good or bad about it except that results are likely almost here. Good luck.

It is really a bad idea to infer ANYTHING before the official announcement that the results have been accepted by the state board. The year I took the test (in Colorado) the board had a problem with the test scoring for one of the disciplines (they didn't say which) and names showed up and disappeared two or three times before the letters went out. I was on their site every couple of hours and may name showed up. Then it disappeared. Then it showed up and stayed. The final time it showed up was the same day that the congratulations letter was post marked. The advice I got that year was to STOP looking at the board web site until I got a letter. It was good advice. I didn't follow it, but it was good advice. Good luck.

David Simpson, PE
MuleShoe Engineering

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. ùGalileo Galilei, Italian Physicist

If you're really sweet about it, call your state board and ask. The front office person knew all the answers when I called (back in my day...)

Please remember: we're not all guys!

In case the OP was wondering, results were released today.

I (finally) passed the 16-hour SE exam in lieu of the PE exam for Maine. Phew! What a relief to be done with that.

How did everyone else do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back