Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

PE Structural I October 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

walkac

Structural
Mar 4, 2005
US
I took the October 2006 PE structural I test. This was my first attempt to take the test.

Just want to get feedback from fellow exam takers about level of difficulty of the test.

Personally, I feel the exam questions were quite difficult and that created a real time crunch. I could'nt finish working all the problems, so had to guess few questions.

Any idea when the results would be out???

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I took the Oct StrI exam too. I felt it was fair. I certainly didn't know everything, but I feel I did well. Of course, this was my third time taking it. :)

The first time I took it, I felt completely overwhelmed. Almost like the test was in a foreign language. Texas was nice enough to tell me my grade, so I knew I got within 10 points. The second time, I was over confident because I studied everything that I didn't get the first time. Well, I missed a lot of easy questions.

Texas is one of the first states, and they should have results before christmas. California is one of the last and won't have them till mid-January,

I agree with Mike. October was my second time and I thought that the test was fair. I remember feeling just like you though after I took it the first time.

when i saw the stream flow problem i said C.

LOL

outside of that, i thought it wasn't too bad. a few tough questions here and there, but i finished both sections with about 45 minutes to spare so i could recheck myself and do what i skipped.

i'm also a first time taker.

can we get our results online if we're away for christmas?

Would you want to swivel? I am leaving for a cruise tommorrow and will not be back until the following Saturday. I am not even going to touch a computer while I am gone. It would not be vacation if I were to worry about wether or not the results posted each day.

October was attempt #2 for me. 68 on the first attempt, and missed the deadline to ask for a re-grade.

Texas will probably post grades online the week AFTER Christmas, if last year proves an indicator of future events. Texas is often the first to release scores.

The October exam seemed to contain more questions in subjects with which I don't have as much experience, where the April exam had more coverage on the things I do routinely. That said, I think/hope I did 2% better in October than I did in April.

Those of you who have taken the exam, and don't design bridges, will understand when I say, "there was that one subject, which seemed to disproportionately consume test questions."

It also seems that the obsession by NCEES with collusion would go away if they would move to using testing centers, just as every other registration-by-exam profession does. NCEES's official position is that the tests are validated and cut scores decided BEFORE the exam is administered - if this is the case, these is no real reason to have the long delays.

I think we all convinced walkac that no one passes the Str I the first time.

And if NCEES was really worried about collusion, why do they sit the 3 people taking the StrI exam next to each other?

300 people in one giant room, and we have to sit 3 feet apart.

Florida PE October 2006 results have been mailed on last Friday or Monday. They should be in the mail boxes before the end of this week. I got this confirmation from a board staff member.

Passed. TX posted scores about 5:30 today (although the webpage hasn't been updated to show that they are there. I actually punched in my info (on the check exam score screen) and almost dismissed the text, since it showed only one line, I thought it was still my April score... but it says October & "PASS".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back