Peer Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyB_

Structural
Feb 1, 2022
US
Hello Structural Folks -

I need a peer review for a structure I have designed. It is a 30x40 3-story shop that has apartments on the third story. The first two stories are ICF concrete walls with the apartments having a modified timber frame / stick built design.

It is my first structure designed outside the corporate veil of liability and I wanted to get an "internal" type review that I would normally have in a larger corporate firm. Something that spots checks loads, member sizing, and building envelope calculations. I am based in Colorado and will be able to provide easy references for local jurisdiction loads and I do have a geotechnical report. Per the city regulations this project is being built to IBC 2018 standards.

I request that the reviewer be a PE, licensed in any state but preferably CO, even though I will be the EOR on the project.

Thanks in advance for your responses and considerations.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't practice in the US, so am not much help, but just wanted to comment because I appreciate that you're going out of your way to find additional review and support.

I'm not sure you'll get a bite here. Do you have people you've worked with in the past in corporate jobs? There are a lot of people who would be happy to do a touch of side work when it comes to checking, especially if it's with someone they are already familiar with and trust.

Thanks for the feedback TLHS. I was just putting out some feelers in this forum to see if there were any takers. No hard feelings either way.

I do have some other contacts that I am also vetting out. I am sure it will come to fruition just trying to make sure I get enough request out there so I am not left hanging.

ICF lower walls with wood frame construction? and wood framed upper floor? and the type of foundation? ...just curious.

So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

The ICF walls rest on footers. The garage floor is a slab-on-grade. You want to help out dik?? Just an easy back check for a few bucks?? Sounds like a good trade.

I'd be willing to help out if you're unable to find someone local that better suits your needs. I am licensed in Colorado.

The biggest issue on my end will be schedule. I'm leaving for vacation next weekend and wouldn't even be able to start until the 24th.

That would be great KootK.

My number is 9seven0.three1eight.6zero2six. Just text me over your contact information and we can proceed from there.

Appreciate it KootK. I clicked on the link but it sent me to my profile page. When I click on your name it has a few sentences about you but not your email address.

Do you have a geotech report? What sort of bearing values and what sort of soil? Is this a seismic area?

So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back