Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Penalty Contact 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

skywalker90

Mechanical
Jul 12, 2015
DE
Hey,

I am using a penalty contact in my model and I plotted the energy quantities of the whole model. The total energy seems to be constant but I have negative internal work by penalty contact (ALLPW). Does anybody know what it is exactly and how it is calculated? I read somewhere in the manuals that ALLPW should be close to zero. That is unfortunately not the case in my model. Does this imply an error in the contact modelling? I attached a picture (the read negative line is ALLPW)

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=99012562-126a-406f-8f3a-8c126275db32&file=Unbenannt.PNG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am working with Abaqus 6.12 and I am doing the simulations with dynamic and explicit. Then I can choose ALLPW from the energie outputs for the whole model. Thanks very much for your support so far. I am really stucked with this problem

I´m quite new using abaqus. But in my company there is a lot of people with wide experience in aeronautics. I will ask about your question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back