PEO ERC Interview - Chemical Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fingineer

Chemical
Feb 28, 2022
US
Hi Everyone,

I have a B.Tech Chemical Engineering (from India), and more than 8 years of experience. The experience that I have is not necessarily as a process engineer, but more as a fire protection engineer, so basically more on fire water system and their design.

I have been scheduled for an ERC interview with PEO to decide my degree equivalent. The panel invited seems to be from the chemical engineering department. I would like to understand other P.Eng candidates who had given the ERC interview.

Did PEO ask questions specific to the projects in the presentation? Did they ask any other basic engineering questions? If so, what kind of questions were asked the latter and the former?

I am trying to gauge how much of fundamentals do I need to brush up on, so a detailed response would greatly help me.

Thank you so much for in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Fingineer,

Who is PEO? For that matter, what does ERC mean?

Lots of people on this forum are not located in Ontario, Canada.

--

JHG

For some background - PEO is Professional Engineers of Ontario. ERC means Experience Requirement Committee. This committee reviews the previous experience and interviews candidates who have had international experience to determine if their international degree and experience can measure up against Canadian accredited universities. Basically if I wouldn't need to write 3 or 4 technical exams for Chemical engineering if I am pass the interview.

I don't have experience with the ERC process or know anyone who has gone through it. But in case you haven't seen it here is the PEO's cut sheet for the interview

It says they'll ask you questions about the two projects you choose to discuss as well as any number of general questions. Best of luck!

PEO: Projects said:
You will be invited to describe one or two of your
work samples. Remember to choose the ones you
believe are the most relevant. The panel may then ask
you questions about them. Because of time limitation,
no more than two projects can be discussed in detail.

PEO: General Questions said:
After you have explained your contribution on your
work samples, the panel will ask you questions to assess your knowledge of the fundamental engineering
principles related to your engineering discipline and to
the most significant project(s) listed in your experience
record. The purpose of these questions is to determine
whether your academic knowledge and engineering
experience are, in the panel’s opinion, sufficient to meet
the requirements of the CEP, in which case they can
recommend that this examination program be waived.

Thanks a lot Enable. I have seen that before and preparing for the interview using that info. I do know that they also ask basic engineering questions and was wondering what sort of engineering questions would they be asking because it has been years since I passed out from my undergraduate courses.
Thanks a lot for your support :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back