Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

percentage symbols for inventor drawing text 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabby1

Mechanical
Oct 25, 2002
Hi,
I am looking for symbols that i could used in inventor when i edit drawing text, similar to the ones in Autocad with the symbol percentage (%%) ? My goal is for encircle a text with a box for instance.
Thank you for the person who response to my question.
tabby1

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
For the same topic I am wondering how to encircle a dimension in inventor drawing, like for inspection purpose.
thanks

Yes, exactly like that for inspection purpose. But I do not know how to get this edit dimension dialogue box ? Is that because I am working on version R8 of Inventor ? Also, How can I get rectangular box like for GD&T tolerancing ?
Thanks

Hello rollupswx,
in fact I only had a 2008 book training with R8 Inventor software. That is the only version I may have at home. What I have notice with your attached picture you send me is I don't have the tab tolerance and inspection when I edit a dimension text thus I think is was not available for that version of the software at that time.
Thank you for feedback for that matter.

Open Inventor..Press F1..Type in "inspection dimensions" if nothing comes up its not included in R8 but I would think it is.

Just incase you didn't know you can install the same software you use at work at home as long as you don't use both at the same time and your employer approves doing so.

rollupswx,
Thank you for the manual "Becoming an Autodesk Inventor® Professor in 90 Minutes".
I am starting Autodesk Inventor soon. My company's management has approved the purchase.
Can use all the information I can get my hands on.
A star for you.

Standing
SolidWorks Pro 2009 x64, SP3.0, PDMWorks Workgroup, SolidWorks BOM,
HP xw8600, 64-bit Windows Vista Business, Service Pack 1
Intel Xeon CPU, 3.00 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Virtual memory 166682 MB, nVidia Quadro FX 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back