Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Permeation/Break Through Data for Gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcbartine

Industrial
Jul 24, 2003
US
My company uses Ansell SolVex (nitrile) gloves for cleaning. I need to get Breakthrough data for these gloves, but Ansell does not give data for Sodium Hypochlorite (bleach). What do other workplaces do to provide data on breakthrough and permeation? Is there a good third party sorce that I could use?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you ask Ansell if/when they will run the tests you need? If you are a high volume buyer or if Ansell is considering additional tests, you would find them very cooperative.

As for 3rd party, try competitive brands of nitrile gloves as well as nitrile manufacturers.

If it is urgent and really important, or if nothing else, do your own tests - fill the glove with the bleach and see how long it takes to leak through. If you have some $ in the budget, hire a lab to do the same test Ansell would do.

Since your company is already using the glove and the bleach together, what are your real life experiences telling you? Those are more credibile that lab tests anywhay!

Nitri-solve 727 by Best Glove has an MDL/PPM of 45.0 for Sodium Hypochlorite 4-6% (CAS # 7681-52-9. In addition the following gloves by Best have the same rating Neoprene 6780, Ultraflex Neoprene 32 and Ultraflex Nitrile 22R.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back