Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Petroleum eng books 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmlpetro

Chemical
Apr 1, 2005
CA
I was bored so I was looking at some production books online. These are a few that sounded intersting, has anyone read any of them and have comments?

Petroleum Production Operations
Production Operations (OGCI)
Well Completion + Servicing (Denis Perrin)
Wireline Procedures and Operations (API Vocational series)

Other than my University notes all I own is Petroleum Production Systems by M. Economides which I find covers a lot of topics and is a great reference.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you looking for downhole or surface?

There is the Petroleum Engineering Handbook. Big huge thing published by SPE. Fairly useful as long as you're not working heavy oil, for which it's useless.

For surface, there are a lot of good references. Post back here if you need those.

Pete

I have enough references on basic pet eng topics like flow relationships, decline, pz, deliverability, artificial lift, reserves.

I am looking for a good refernce for completion and workovers. Something that will help me understand what exactly is involved in a completion/recomp/workover. Topics such as types of wellheads and tubing hangers, different types of plugs and packers and how they are set. Remedial squeezing operations and abandonments, swabbing, snubbing. Using endless tubing units for cleanouts, wireline for setting plugs, shifting sleeves.

I am a production engineer but I would like to learn more about completions operations. I would like to take the Petroskills course "Completions and workovers" but the next one that I would be able to attend isnt until April.

Again, the "Petroleum Engineering Handbook" published by the SPE would answer a lot of your questions. Also there are the SPE monographs. Look on the SPE website for these titles.

The service companies have alot of good information also. Just ask for it. Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back