Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

PH 13-8 Mo with H1050 condition 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerow3

Mar 20, 2007
AU
Hi, I am trying to look for fatigue crack growth data (da/dN-?K data) for the material PH 13-8 Mo stainless steel with H1050 condition. I have looked through MIL-HDBK-5J, but they don’t have the crack growth data. Anybody able to provide or help me to locate the data?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks, I actually got that article. However, I am after something that is more general. The article is only about small-cracks and only explore R ratio of 0.1 and -1. I am trying to find the fatigue data for long cracks with a wide variety of R ratio (preferably high R ratio, such as 0.6-0.9)

Have you checked Aerospace Structural Metals Handbook (ASMH) or Damage Tolerant Design Handbook (DTDH) from CINDAS? Some university libraries have these references. Here is a brief description from CINDAS, which now has an electronic version of ASMH called ASMD:

I have checked the ASMD from CINDAS; it only got data for condition H1000.

Does the Damage Tolerant Design Handbook contain the same data or they are generated by different parties than the ASMD?

Thanks, they seem to be useful. Do you happen to know where I can find the S-N data for the same material (with condition H1050)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back