Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

PhotoWorks 2 Add-in Problems, NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theophilus

Mechanical
Dec 4, 2002
US
I'm trying to add-in PhotoWorks 2 to a client's ancient NT machine (my license). All of SW 2003 was formerly installed on this NT machine before it fell to various trojans, viruses, etc. and had to have the C drive wiped clean.

After getting things cleaned up, I uninstalled SW 2003 and cleaned the registry per Scott's FAQ. I reinstalled using the new CDs sent out by SW with SP 3.1 (3.0?) and PhotoWorks 2. However, when I attempt to "add-in" PW2, the system hangs and never returns.

Any ideas? I need to resolve this to complete some on-site work.

Thanks,

Jeff Mowry
DesignHaus Industrial Design

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It appears like you are using NT4.0? If so, you do have service pack 6 on there too right? And the Virus checker wasn't running right?

I didn't use the CD that SW sent, as I did it the old published way of putting the PW stuff on there, and then doing the SW sp update. Worked for me.

Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles,

Yes, NT 4.0 with SP 6.1. Anti-Virus was disabled.

You have a point. Perhaps I can install from the SW 2003 original CD, then upgrade with the newer PhotoWorks CD. I'll have to give that a shot and see what happens.

Thanks,

Jeff Mowry

Well, I took another crack at it. This time I installed SW 2001+ in one directory and then installed SW 2003 (SP 0) in a separate directory. Then I updated the SW 2003 installation with the CDs sent out by SolidWorks to install PhotoWorks 2 (up to SP 3.0).

When I went to add-in PhotoWorks 2 the system hangs.

I thought I'd run it past everyone here before bugging my VAR. Any thoughts?

Jeff Mowry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back