Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PhotoWorks Custom Materials Preview??

Status
Not open for further replies.

esfr

Structural
Oct 10, 2007
US
Been trying to streamline the way I create, store, and use custom photoworks materials (well, just switched to '08, so now I guess they're called "Appearances").

Anyways, the thumbnail previews of my custom materials in the photoworks appearances taskpane are not updating. So for example, I created a Red Plastic from the default white plastic material, and the thumbnail is still white, even though the material, when applied, is indeed the red plastic custom material that I saved. Isn't there any way to get accurate thumbnail previews of my custom materials? Sure would be nice...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well at least now I can stop trying to fix it! Thanks for the reply. By the way, on the same topic, I've set my Custom Materials folder (which I keep in My Documents) to automatically load, in the Photoworks Options setting. However, when opening SolidWorks after a reboot, I seem to usually have to add that folder back into my Taskpane Appearances. Shouldn't it automatically show up?

It should but this may have changed with 2008? I have added a number of custom material (appearance) folders to the task pane (using the add file location tool in the task pane)and they auto load every time.

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
Eastern Region SWUGN Representative SW 2007 SP 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back