Physical properties of materials list wanted 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvarA

Mechanical
Oct 8, 2011
NO
Hi

Anyone know of any good extensive, up to date and "scientific approved" material properties list on the web? One that would be okay to refer to in a Master thesis.
I am looking for a list with many properties for each material. Heat capacity, density, electrical resistance, elastic modulus etc etc.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are data bases of these that are maintained by NIST, notional labs (Oak Ridge, Argonne, Los Alamos, ...) Wright Patterson, CIDAS (Purdue) and so on.
Look in some of the papers that you are referencing and see who they cite for data.
Most of what I have is actually in published (paper) formats, because it is old. But then these are properties that don't change so the data is still valid.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, Plymouth Tube

Could you be ever so slightly more specific and identify the class of material? There are literally thousands of materials in the universe.

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Of course I can. I can do anything. I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert!
There is a homework forum hosted by engineering.com:

I was looking for a common database where I can look for the most used materials, (steel, alu, copper).
Always when I look for any kind of property for a material I need to find a new source.
EdStainless reply was helpful anyways, I also found " by googling in a way that made the promoted sites go away. Thank you anyways :)

It would have been helpful if you said "metals," for which the standard response would have been matweb.

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Of course I can. I can do anything. I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert!
There is a homework forum hosted by engineering.com:

I would not use matweb data, most of it is from manufacturers data sheets and is not scientifically reviewed.
MMPDS will give you mechanical properties and modulus data.
CINDAS is mostly thermophysical properties.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, Plymouth Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back