Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

physics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Physics is sort of an elementary science. In a very broadway, it puts forward the elementary facts and theories only. If it could be conceptually / mathematically&nbsp;&nbsp;proven, that also will be done by physics.<br><br>Engineering (weather electrical/ mechanical/ electonics...) is largely application oriented. It uses the concepts from the elementary sciences and mathematics, and puts them into practice.<br><br>To explain with a verybasic example, when physics talks about Electromagnets, it tells you just the idea. When Electrical Engineering takes it up, it uses the idea of Electomagnets to develop a DC motor.<br><br>Thus, in a way, physical science affects Electrical engineering directly, I would say.<br><br>Regards<br><br>Umn.

hello<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;physics plays a very important role in engineering...<br>a strong background in phyics could make the difference&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;between an engineer and an excellent engineer.i myself being an electronic engineer find that a good knowledge in physics is priceless.i would suggest you to read on topics related to subject

<br>&nbsp;In reference to your question of how physics will affect <br>Electrical Engineers directly or indirectly?; I would like to add that the movement of electrons are tightly tied to<br>physics. The same electrons that power your home and auto<br>are collectively called current(I or amps) and are force(d)<br>along by voltage (v or volts). For more information on early, but EXECELLENCE in Electrical Engineering, I suggest a review the life of (Croation-born) Nikola Tesla 1856-1943.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back