Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pickup to pc - is the latest trend in vibration analysis and data collection? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

edison123

Electrical
Oct 23, 2002
IN
I recently came across this.

They claim

FastTracer can be connected directly to the PC’s USB port and associates a triaxial value in the time and/or frequency domain of the vibrations of the machine being analysed with each measurement point.

Is this true? If anyone has any experience with this type of vibration analysis and data collection, your feedback will be much appreciated. Thanks.

A pdf of their specs is also attached here.

Muthu
www.edison.co.in

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sure, unless the PC has built-in I2C or SPI. Note that you'd also need a breakout board for the accel and its required connections.

But, Digikey sells the accel for under a couple of bucks, and you can probably get a USB-based Arduino or similar that supports SPI/I2C.

TTFN
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert!
homework forum: //faq731-376 forum1529

Thanks IRstuff. I am not competent to build a system. Just an end user here and this new method of pickup to pc seemed novel and simple to me. I am in touch with the OEM but still not convinced about how their sensor, which is 55x30 mm rectangle base, can be fixed on to the curved motor surfaces given the large foot print.

Muthu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back