Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pictures on surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevwoogs

Mechanical
Aug 15, 2006
GB
Hi,

I would like to superimpose a side, plan and front view from 4 jpeg files of the outline of a car(front, rear, side and plan), so I can use them as reference for my wireframe in GSD. I have seen this on a video on you tube. It showed the creation of 5 flat surfaces to form an open rectangle and the pictures superimposed on each surface. The only way I can think of doing this is to apply it as a material, but this video showed the pictures being moved about to align each view - front view to rear view etc...I’m sure this was done on GSD! Anybody know what to do?

Thanks - Kevin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

what you need is

FSK - CATIA - Freestyle Sketch Tracer 2 Product

This does exactly what you are looking for and allows the images to be calibrated to the correct sizes

I managed to take the 4 .jpg views and set up 4 separate parts in a product. After tweaking the jpg files (crop) and modifying some parameters in the material section (Scale U=width of jpg, Scale V=height of jpg) it looked similar to the video.

The Freestyle Sketch Tracer looks so much easier!

You've either got all these bookmarked, or the deities of the search buttons like your offerings on this site better than mine. I do not recall reading that post on my initial tour. Thanks, doyourjobwell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back