Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pile design or analysis program 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

longisland

Geotechnical
Sep 25, 1999
MY
I'm looking for a pile analysis or design program, any suggestion?<br>

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi

Can anbody help me to get a good book or any other reference material on the design of Augur cast piles. I am looking for the design and detailing of reinforcement on an augur cast piles, to cater for the external moments and shear, once the pile size and depth is finalised.I am talking of a single pile foundation where the effect of external moments and shear needs to be accounted for.Due to the stringent clauses by the clients, i am forced to design foundations with single piles where it satifies the axial and lateral capacity but i am not sure how to deal with moment.One way i thought was to make the foundation pinned by adequately bracing the superstructure so that moment is not transferred to the foundation. But due to many other reasons,i may not be able to brace the superstructure everywhere, resulting in the transfer of moment to the foundation.

thanks

hi

sorry guys i posted the quesion in the wrong place...!!excuse me

thanks

I have used Unipile by unisoft ltd. Developed by Fellenius, it has been around for a long time, works well easy to use and is flexible. Does not do lateral capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back