Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pile Settlement from t-z / q-z and lateral deflection from p-y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhoon

Geotechnical
Mar 10, 2011
JP
Dear all ,

Can anybody provide me an example /literature showing pile settlement curve developed from t-z and q-z curve and lateral deflection developed from p-y curves ?

My concept about q-z and t-z curves are not clear. How t-z and q-z curves are developed from given conditions and how these curves are used for final pile settlement curve ?

In case of lateral deflection of pile, I use Resse and Matlock equations.
How p-y curve are plotted for given soil conditions and how p-y curves are used for lateral deflection of pile .

Please suggest good example/link showing development of t-z /q-z and pile settlement from t-z /q-z curve & p-y curves and lateral deflection from p-y curve without using any software.

Thanks

Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

p-y curves are empirical curves for the relationship between the lateral soil resistance and deflection. It is generated based on many factors such as pile size, soil type, soil strength and cyclic loading condition, etc.. It is a bit tedious to generate p-y curves manually. People usually use commercial software to do it, such as LPile or PileLAT 2014 program. You may find some good examples from the website of PileLAT 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back