Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pile-Soil Interaction Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

neforun

Civil/Environmental
Mar 3, 2010
IE
I am trying to model pile-soil interaction of a slender pile in a multilayered soil for a project. I have static load tests completed on one of the compression piles.
I have modelled the pile using plaxis (somewhat basically as new to plaxis) but I really want to preform a numerical model of the interface between pile and soil so to determine the stress/strains etc but there seems to a multitude of modelling techniques and am unsure what type of model would yield the best result as I could use these along side plaxis.
If any body has any experience on this topic or could recommend any info/papers I would appreciate there advise.

thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think that there is an interesting problem here; you can assume some law of compression strains along the axis of your pile but then need to adjudicate interface and tip forces to meet them. So, for every assumed setup of the linear compression, you have each of the tangential stresses (per layer zone) and the tip compression as unknowns; even finding quite corresponding situations you still have to decide one way or anoher what is the more correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back