Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pipe & Fittings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAKjnr

Petroleum
Feb 28, 2003
AU
Does anybody know ehere I might find a COMPREHENSIVE listing of fittings that are COMMONLY available. By COMPREHENSIVE I mean a complete list of fitting types with all the schedule and size ranges. I information such as weights was available that would be a bonus.

I have not been able to find a manufacturer or supplier who has such a detailed catalogue listing.

Look forward to some help,

John Kuypers,
Managing Director,
Estcon Group - Australia

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try the Glynwed Metal Services Limited 'Black Book'. I do not know if they still have any copies to send out, as I actually had to do special favours to get my copy and that was about 6 years ago!

It has ISBN ref 0 9531353 06

It is a fairly comprehensive flanges, fittings and materials handbook which I refer to all the time.

Alternatively, you could call Concept Steels, Wolverhampton UK with any questions you have and they will assist you with any requirements you may have.

The number is Int++ (0)1902 450444

Hope Helps,

Jeannie

In Europe the socalled "Blue Book" by Trouvay & Cauvin have been very popular for anybody working in petrochemical industry. It has a very comprehensive listing of pipes and fittings for the petroleum industry (read ASME/API)

Previously they gave it out for free if you asked them politely or especially if you were a customer. Now it seem to be quite expensive, but then again if you might be a customer....

See the book at
(the blue one)

regards
Mogens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back