Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pipeline engineering firms in austin, tx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denob

Civil/Environmental
Feb 11, 2005
US
I've just made a career change from the public works/land development industry into pipeline engineering (oil/gas...but mostly gas).

Question: Are there "pipeline" companies in Austin, TX should I decide to move there?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For the large scale contractors, check the Engineering News Record (ENR) listing of the Top 500 Design Firms. Accompanying the Top 500 list are rankings in different sectors including the Top 20 Transportation firms.

Better off to target Houston. There are no full time pipeline engineering companies in Austin that I know of although you might find the odd consulting engineer that does some gas flow and gathering lines from time to time. I knew some pipeliners that lived near Austin and drove to Houston every day, but that was a long time ago when gasoline was durt cheap. You might want to glance at the price on the pump before you consider that. Better to look in the internet yellow pages under engineers/pipeline. Look in the Austin listings, if any, then compare against the Houston listings.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, its what we know for sure" - Mark Twain

You did the same career change i did. I came from land and now in oil/gas. subsea pipelines.

I would target for Houston. There are lots of firms here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back