PIPESTRESS program by DST Computer Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBreen

Mechanical
Jul 24, 2002
US
Hello,

Is anyone familiar with this program? Is there some document that is better than the user's manual? I am trying to set up a model for a B31.7 (yep, that's right - class 1) analysis and I could use some guidance.

Thanks, John.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Mr. Hill,

Thanks for your response. yes I have the B31.7 Code (I guess I have copies of all B31 Codes since 1955) but I need some guidance in setting up the load cases in PIPESTRESS. Interestingly, B31.7 does not use a "thermal stress only" case. Rather it calls for a primary plus secondary stress case with the maximum allowable stress being 3Sm.

Interesting because the new 2004 B31.3 Code includes a new Appendix "P" that uses the same approach 35 years after B31.7 introduced it.

Thanks again, John.

PIPESTRESS by DST Computer Services is a valid program for piping stress analysis. I have used it in the past.
For questions I suggest you contact DST directly at dst@iprolink.ch. I found them quite helpful

John Breen and TEAM Members:

DST Computer Services SA

DST Computer Services SA is the vendor of PipeStress2000, a nuclear-certified pipe stress product which uses a powerful interface to rich data in the PDS Material Data Publisher database to rapidly and easily build input decks by pipeline, by area, or by project.

Projects 22, 30, 39. 45

Determination of stress indices for equations (9)-(11) of Section NB-3600 of the ASME Code using the finite element method and comparison of analytical and experimental results.

Ongoing research will provide:

Guidelines for using the finite element method for calculating stress indices.
Illustration of using inelastic analysis in obtaining B-indices.
Experimental justification for using finite element analysis.

John, additional information is available even detail manual

Leonard Thill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back