Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIPING DESIGN GUIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

agiraias

Industrial
Sep 5, 2007
ES
Hi everybody;

Could anybody tell me a link, guide, manual or something useful related to the piping design in Organic Rankine cycles? Piping design in conventional Rankine cycles could be useful as well.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

agri....

Lets make sure that we are talking about the same things..

"Piping design" as commonly used refers to the physical layout, material, flange and valve selection of piping systems.

"Process engineering" refers to the development of PIDs, flowsheets and the mass and energy balances necessary to design a piping system. Process engineering commonly includes the sizing, but not the layout of piping systems.

Process engineering must start before piping design.

What are you talking about ??

-MJC

OK MJCronin

You are right. I didn´t know the difference between both concepts. I am interested in PROCESS ENGINEERING. So, could you tell me a link, guide, manual or something useful related to the PROCESS ENGINEERING???

Thank you so much

Hi Agiraias,

The structural design of piping involves loadings (temperature, pressure, weight, wind, seismic forces, etc.) and the design parameters required to accommodate these loadings. The B31 Pressure Piping Codes are directly applicable to the structural design of piping regardless of the process internal to the piping - including both rankine and conventional steam (and other media) cycles.

Similarly, the classic design books can be applied to the design of piping that is involved in conventional or rankine cycle piping:

Regards, John.

As a process engineer I couldn't tell you where to start even. You need formal education in thermodynamics, kenetics, mass and heat transfer, and physics. There is one person that posts here that has a sight that gives a good description of heat cycles but you need to then know enough thermo to apply them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back