Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Piping Isometrics

Status
Not open for further replies.

promero

Mechanical
Aug 2, 2002
US
I am new to Microstation j716 and trying to develop piping isometrics.

I am able to draw isometric lines easily per the Isometric settings on microstation. However, How do I insert valves in the proper orientation?

If the x-axis runs horizontally on my screen, how do I rotate with respect to the x- axis? Currently, I only able to rotate objects with respect to the Z-axis.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

May I suggest that you check PlantSpace Design Series specifically Piping components. The interface here for piping is quite intuitive from placement, orientation and specification. Hope this helps.

If you are working in a 2-d file, then there is no way to rotate any object in any way except around the z-axis (into the screen). There may be some other software out there (possibly Plantspace Design) that simulate the effect of rotation about another plane.

In short, I would recommend working in 3-d for that, or using some outboard software and previously suggested. Robert Weber, EI
Maurer-Stutz, Inc
"I am satisfied that your answer is correct. I am not, however, satisfied that your answer is right."

Dude?
Are you using "ACCUDRAW"?
'Cause if you are ...then go into your "ISO VIEW" window and just rotate using "2 points".
type "T" for top spin which is your "Z" axis
type "S" for side spin which is your "X" or "Y" axis
type "F" for front spin which is your "X" or "Y" axis
One of those should do the trick for ya'
Let me know if that accomplishes what you need.
Later.
Rich [roll1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back