Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

placing grounded parts in an assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkdragon

Mechanical
May 22, 2003
What is it that you go in and change so that when in an assembly, and adding a part from the pathfinder you do not have to specify any relationships, just choose the arrow tool and SE grounds the part, even if its not the first part placed?

Thanks,
Dkdragon

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hold down control and drag the part from the pathfinder into the graphics area. That will automatically ground the part at the assembly origin.

OR

Hold down control and drag the part from the pathfinder into the graphics area. That will place the part where you let go of the mouse button in the graphics area. It will have no relationships. You must ground (one click) it or mate it to fully restrain it.

The first part in is automatically grounded at the assembly origin.

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Thank you swertel, thats not the setting you can click to make it happen automaticaly, but i believe it will work just as well and I appreciate it. I have one more question for you,on the last 2 msgs that I have posted the replies i have gotten have said toward the end "Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora." Am I doing something wrong in my posts?

Thank You,
DKDragon

No. I'm a part of the Round Table (you can learn more by clicking on my handle).

That little line is just my signature that goes on the end of all my posts. The FAQ was written by Round Table members to help new and experienced users understand some of the sight policies. But, to avoid potential insult in the future, I'll try to make it look more like a signature line rather than a warning. Thanks.

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

No offense taken, thank you for the explanation. This forum in my opinion is a very valuable tool and I just wanted to be sure I wasn't unknowingly abusing it.

Thanks again,
DKDragon

You actually have good timing asking this question. Another Round Table member received some flack from another member because of his signature pointing to this FAQ. The Round Table members are currently discussing ways to make our advertisements of this FAQ less offensive.

Thanks again for pointing that out.

For some pleasure reading, the Round Table recommends FAQ731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back