Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plant Turnaround

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreChE

Chemical
Jul 10, 2003
PT
Hello everyone

I will be one of the Process Inspection Team members during the turnaround in one Petrochemical Steam Cracker.

This is my first one. Is there any documents or papers in which I can get information and some preparation to that task?

Thanks
AndreChE

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'd suggest that you take a look at past reports in your facility. Unfortunately, turn-arounds activities in Petro-Chemical plants or refineries, are often times ill-documented. You may want to try watching videos of equipment as it was inspected in past turnarounds (if these things are available). In many instances, the "inspection" job is learnt by just getting to do it. This will probably be a great learning experience for you, try to be around people who know exactly what they are looking for during the actual inspections. Be aware that your inexperience can result in delays in the completion of the inspection job; however you still need to get it done. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back