Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

plastic filler for digestor tank 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pardal

Automotive
Oct 17, 2001
AR
Please I need to know how is called a filler used on digestor that allow the bachteria growing , it is something like the fillers at water cooling towers.
It is made of plastic , with a great area ratio to the volumen.
Thanks in advance.

Pardal

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Pardal,

I'm not sure what you mean by "Digestor". Is this a digestor for sludge treatment or are you refering to a percolating/biological filter for treatment of sewage?

Regards,

Tonks

Please apologize me , I did the question before I had a cpmplete data.
This kind of filler are used to areate a sewage current by droping it over the such filler when it full fill a tank or also on a kind of squirrel gage partially submersed on the sewage tank .
The main purpouse is to areate , and allow the growing of aerobic bactheria on the interscisies of the filler.
The array of such filler are located on a ramdom way .
Maybe it make it clear.
Thanks in advance.

Pardal

Dear pardal

The typical term for this application is "Trickling filter". Using this word in a search-engine, will allow you to find suppliers and background material for the proces you are describing.

Regards

Pardal,

I understand now, you are indeed refering to a percolating (or trickling) filter usually used for the biological treatment of sewage after primary settlement.

A common term for the "filler" you are looking for is simply "filter media". As BertGielen suggests, a search for "trickling filter media" should yield some meaningful results.

Good luck

Tonks

You could also try "Rotating Biological Contactor" which is the technology that is partially submerged. It differs from the random packing referred to by others in that the hard surface that the bacteria grow on is rolled over and over on a shaft to expose the biofilm alternately to the air and to sewage.

I have mixed feelings about this type myself, but it has been used successfully in small applications. I personally would not apply it to sites above a few dozen households, but I believe there have been some very big installations in the United States.

(Anybody else - Are they still there?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back