Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLASTIC PROPERTIES OF STEEL IN MM-TON UNITS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferro1001

Automotive
Aug 11, 2004
DE
Hi,

I have used this properties of plastic steel for my model of steel bars in Ton-mm:

300 0
350 0.025
375 0.1
394 0.2
400 0.35

Is this correct? Does anybody know any common plastic properties of steel? Please, help me I need urgently.

Thanks in advance,

ferro1001

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The properties of steel depend on the grade of steel being used, amongst other things. Find out which grade of steel you are using and then see what proiperties may be available.

corus

The steel is S-275, the common steel for bars profiles. Are units ok? I need its plastic properties for a rollover essay of a bus. I took those properties from an example in the official web page of ABAQUS.

275 refers to the yield strength of the material in MPa, therefore your data, that you've taken from an example, is wrong. Search in google or better still refer to a standard that has the yield values. It used to be grade 43 steel, ie. the UTS is 430 MPa. Units you'll have to work out yourself but you can download free unit convertors if you need.

corus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back