Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plate openings in Revit Structure will not transfer to RISA 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

garrettgman

Civil/Environmental
Oct 14, 2009
US
I have structural walls with openings modeled in Revit Structure. When I "Send Model to RISA..." none of the openings transfer to the RISA model. The walls import to RISA as plates. As far as i can tell there isn't a way to make openings in plates in RISA. So when my Revit model is transferred to RISA none of the openings transfer in. Is there something I'm missing? How would openings in structural walls transfer to RISA if there is no such thing as openings in plates in RISA?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What version of Revit are you using and what version or RISA-3D are you using?

I think that's your problem. It wasn't until the next version of the link (the one that links with version 8.1) of RISA-3D that openings and such could be transferred to RISA.

That's largely because prior to version 8.0, RISA-3D did not have a "wall panel element". Instead, you were forced to model walls with plate elments.

The newer wall panel feature gives the program a lot more flexibility in how to create and edit walls and openings... which really improves the RISA-Revit link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back