Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLC 5 adding hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doghandler

Electrical
May 31, 2006
AU
Gents,

I'm trying to add some hardware to a PLC 5 remote I/O adapter. It has been configure to read the racks as an Remote I/O scanner.

I'm wondering wether I can just use the auto configure to pick up the new cards I add and the adresses for the inputs and outputs. Both cards are digitals inputs and outputs.

I'm hoping the auto configure just allows you to pick up new card and not change any other settings in the program.

Is this how to go about it?

Much appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In the PLC-5 family, when you add a remote chassis, depending on your addressing scheme, a certain number of words are already assigned in the I/O image table, even though the slots are empty. If you look right now, before adding the cards, you should see memory addresses for the slots. As long as the cards will work with the addressing scheme (1-slot, two-slot, 1/2-slot)then no programming is required.

Thanks,

Yeah I had a bit more of a fiddle around and figures out the addressing using existing cards. Thanks for your help though. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back