PLC Password 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

denison

Electrical
Dec 1, 2005
US
Hi, my first post as I'm new,
There was a previous post with someone needing a "backdoor" for a siemens S7 plc, and one person replied with a way to get into AB's plc's. He said to use "comm view 32". And gave a procedure, too. Anyone familiar with this program? I googled it and came up with nothing but links to virus software which said that "comm view 32" is a worm. Can anyone confirm that or is there a legit program by that name? If any one is intrested, I'm the lead electrician in a bearing manufacturing plant and have been working with machines controlled by AB PLC's and Siemens PLC's for years and never had a machine maker password a PLC. Just had my first and I'm ticked. Simple machine with a micrologix 1000 in it and the processor faulted, tried to go online to reset it and was password protected. Any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. (I know about AB's backdoor, but that wipes out ladder, too)

Thanks, great site by the way!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Micrologix uses nothing but numbers for a password, But I appriciate it. By the way, I did get it. The password, I mean. The software is Commlite 32. it monitors the initial talk between your terminal, and the plc. Bad side? It has to be Windows 98 or 95.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back