Status
Not open for further replies.

v314

Mechanical
Jul 30, 2014
AU
Hi
Everyone,
My Supplier has sent me through this file which is a SOLIDPART, I presume it should be an Assembly in reality.
They might have converted it to SOLIDPART.
Is there any possible solution for me to make an ASSEMBLY MODEL without redrawing the whole thing from Scratch.
I'm attaching the file for consideration.
Thanks.

http://jmp.sh/xFhcIqV
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Chris dat sounds alright. I have done that..
But I want to make some modifications in the Parts. Which I'm unable to.
Is there any procedure which converts these part to Solidpart features. Such that I can make those minor changes without actually designing the whole part.
This part is a basic one, but I got heaps of other files which needs some modifications. So if there's a method that could convert these parts to their
native state, how they were designed,that would save me lots of time.
Thanks.

It is extremely unlikely you will be able to "convert these parts to their native state, how they were designed", because the part only has the exterior surface bodies, and no internal details.

Assuming the parts had a constant thickness, you could thicken the surfaces and then use the regular SW functions to add or subtract features, or use the Move Face functions to make the modifications.

This looks like a fairly simple part; not a lot of proprietary info in it. I normally go back to the supplier for parts like this and ask if they can send me a model saved using all components. Otherwise if you know how to use the surfacing tools you may be able to reconstruct the parts. I tried using import diagnostics but it could not fix the end pieces.

Thanks everyone.
I followed up with my supplier and they have sent me all files in X_T format.
Would try the surface tools and see how it goes, however.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back