Please give me some advice as FE exam is approaching 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoSmith

Mechanical
Sep 12, 2005
US
Hi Buddy,

I am going to take the FE exam this Saturday. Since I have worked for several years, I took about three months to prepare this exam. I bought some reference in the market. When I try to do some practice examination, I find some questions are really difficult. But, I have no idea in the real exam, the questions are so challenging??? Is that truth if I answered half questions right, I can pass? BTW, all topics mentioned in the official reference book really appear in the exam? Or part of them?

As FE is coming, as a past examinee, do you have any personal advices that might be useful for me. I appreciate your opinions and advice in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

sms:

My information was taken from the front of my Lindeburg "FE Review Manual" (I highly recommed it. It focuses on how to get the questions correct and not the theory. Kinda like "just know this stupid! [hammer]"

Hi guy,

At last, I finished my FE exam last Saturday. Let me give some advice and how I prepare the exam.

The morning exam is difficult and the time to finish all questions is tight. I need to jump the questions that I don't know and use the last 20 mins to finish them.

For afternoon exam, the time is enough compared with A.M. I found many people leave so early, 1-2hr earlier. For me, I found the P.M. exam is so so so difficult. I planned to take the ME modulus, after I found most questions and topics (Four bar linkage and gear train ratios) are not studied, I gave up and take the general exam.

My advice is to take your time during the A.M. exam. Study many topics as possible and practice many questions as you can. Most important, try to find the lecture notes and tutorials in googles. In fact, I bought three references and took three months to study. I still find not enough to do well in exam.

It seemed to me that the exam questions were based on the 1st 2-3 weeks of each course that was taken in University. Studying the fundimentals would have given me the most benefit.

Thanks for the info, I guess I need to go back and look at the way the PE exam is graded as well. I have been a PE for a long time, but recently started teaching some exam prep classes for the Texas PE. Mostly dynamics. I should probably understand how the test is graded and gear my classes accordingly....

-The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back