Please Help! Accidentally deleted parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent5791

Mechanical
Feb 12, 2014
US
Hi All,
I accidentally deleted 4 or 5 parts from an assembly file and I need to get them back. Is there a way to do this? If I go to Menu>Information>Part>Part History>Apply I can see a previous file version that would include the parts I accidentally deleted. Is there a way to restore that part file version?
Thanks!

Thank you,
Trent
NX 11.0.2.7

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you select components in the assembly and press "delete", it removes them from the assembly but does not delete the part files from disk. In this case, if you catch it quickly, you can perform an "undo" to add them back to the assembly. If it has been a while and an "undo" would not be practical, you need to use the "add component" command and browse to the part file location to add them back to the assembly.

If you deleted the part files from disk, contact your IT department ASAP to see if they can get them from a backup.

www.nxjournaling.com

I don't think I deleted them from the disk. I only deleted them from the assembly. Unfortunately, I don't know the file numbers to add them back to the assembly. Is there a way I can find out what files used to be in the assembly and get those file numbers?

Thank you,
Trent
NX 11.0.2.7

Check the 'History' of the Assembly file, it might contain information about what Components were added and when.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

go to Help -> Log file and see if the numbers are specified in there someplace.
Scroll to the bottom to get the most recent.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1899

The assembly file doesn't keep track of all the files it used to reference, once a component has been deleted, it forgets about it. If there is a parts list on a drawing in the file that hasn't been updated since the change, you might be able to get some info from it.

Are you working with Teamcenter? If so, you might be able to open an older version of the file (depending on the TC options at your site). If you are working in native NX (no PLM system attached), I'd suggest contacting your IT department to see how often they back up files to see if you can get a recent version to compare to the current version.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back