Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Please help identify a part

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjengel

Mechanical
Feb 26, 2009
US
Hello everyone. I'm at my wit's end trying to identify a source for what I'm calling a strain relief clip. See the attached photo. The part is used to bundle wires in our current application. It is secured by inserting the legs into slots on a sheet metal frame and then the screw tightens down to keep the wires/cable in place. There are no markings on the piece at all.

I've been in contact with the usual suppliers such as RichCo, Heyco, etc and have had no luck in finding anyone familiar with the part. Does anyone here have any input??

Thank you all,

Jason

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

telecomguy,

The thread appears to be an M8 x 0.75. As far as other information the only dimension that I figure is relevant is that the max cable diameter this clip could hold is 10mm.

Thanks again.

Jason

Thanks for the links! Those are parts I haven't seen in my travels. Unfortunately, while close they're just not right. I've put together a screenshot of the part installed in a bracket. As you'll see, the legs of the clip secure it and the set screw simply gets tightened onto the cable.

Does that help?

Jason

Hmmm, I should have read your text closer. I interpreted the set screw as a stud sticking out the back and the clip features as somethin to snap a cover on, or maybe wrap a cable tie around. <tg>

I don't mind the answers your tossing out there. I have to agree that searches like this yield all sorts of fascinating results that one wouldn't otherwise have seen.

The reality is that in 3 years I have yet to find anything even close to this part. The history is that this is used in a product that originally was manufactured in Germany and we are moving production to the U.S. We don't have enough information on some parts to be able to source them. This has been a huge lesson in thinking outside the box when it comes to finding some parts. For example, there are Jaguar floor board ball stud/spring clip assemblies used to hold sheet metal panels together. It was by sheer dumb luck that I was ever able to figure that one out!!

I do appreciate the input so far. Thank you.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back