Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLEASE Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice

Civil/Environmental
Aug 16, 2001
US
Here is my question. I'm looking at my screen and i see a plan view of a Building and it's sides measure 300', using the distance command. But i'm drawing the sewer line to service that building. and i need to draw a line exactly 24'. and when i use the line command, i pick my starting point and when i put 24' in it says point or option keyword required. ( i put in both 24' and @ 24,0) and it still gives me that message. And then i tried to use pline, and typed in ( w/o snaps on) the same as above it gives me a line longer than the side of the building which measured 300'. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Juice

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To draw the line from a &quot;picked&quot; starting point try this. In your line command pick the starting point and then type in @24'<ANGLE where ANGLE is the angle you want to draw the line at. Hope this helps.

Make sure you're drawing in model space. Sounds like you may have accidently switched to paper space when you tried the pline. Remember to use the right units when using relative coordinates. @24,0 is 24&quot; to right of current point while @24',0 is 24 feet to the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back