Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please, which software is recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbartos

Electrical
Jan 15, 2000
Please, which software is recommended or suitable for electromechanical modeling or simulation, e.g. for a large squirrel-cage induction motor tied to a ship shaft ended with the propeller? It would be good, if that software had a modeling option for sudden speed reversal. I intend to use MathCAD, if there is nothing better applicable or specialized. I have noticed that the MathSoft (MathCAD producer) does not have any Library/Module supporting electromagnetic simulations and modeling. If you happen to have a confidential/proprietary answer, please forward it to jbartos@usa.net.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Would suggest you try Mechanical Desktop R5 with Dynamic Designer bolted onto it. Mechanical Desktop is an Autodesk product which may be found at Use Altavista to find Dynamic Designer. Either that or you could use 3D Studio Viz and import from Mechanical Desktop. But the latter route is complicated and time consuming. All the best.

JBartos,
Try Matlab. It is a systems modeling and analysis software package with many of the devices you will need to analyze a system. If you get it with the Simulink package it is very useful. I believe that it is made by MATHSOFT, the same guys as Mathcad.

Edson Campos
edsoncampos@earthlink.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back