Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLM World June 1 - 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

joycejo

Aerospace
Sep 22, 2006
US
Is anyone going to PLM World the week of June 1st?

I will be there and it would be nice to place a face to some of the posters here.

I will be giving a presentation on Tuesday afternoon at 1:00 in the CAM sig.

John Joyce
Tata Technologies
1675 Larimer St.
Denver, CO

NX3,4,5,6 Solid Works, Pro/e, Solid Edge

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For people not attending, would it be possible to post some of the presentations here, after the conference is over? It might be very useful to disseminate some of the information.

I will be there as well.

In addition to my 'Design (NX)' track session, 'What's new in NX 7.0', on Monday from 1:45pm - 3:45pm in the 'Delta Ballroom A' (which will be repeated on Thursday from 9:30am - 10:55am in 'Canal A'), I will also be providing NX demo support for Bob Brandenstein's 'System Administration (NX)' track session ,'Introducing NX 6.0 on MacOS', on Wednesday from 1:00pm - 1:40pm in 'Bayou A'.

Also note that I will be participating in the Sunday 'Industry Night Events' from 6:30pm - 8:30pm. The session which I will be hosting covers 'Machinery & Industrial' (after all, I did spend over 14 years actually working as a machine designer for a multi-national manufacturer of capital machinery used in the food & chemical industries, so I can at least speak the language).

Anyway, I hope to see all of you there.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

If you are member (i.e. a 'Citizen') of PLM World, I think you can access the presentations from their website after the conference is over.

For more information about PLM World and how to join, go to...

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Cypress, CA

Not going this year. Economy in the dumps. with No I-Deas content at all no reason for me to go. We are now transfering from TDM to Teamcenter so the people that are doing that will probably go next year. We went last year and it was ok. Hopefully going to NX7 in about a year or so.

The material presented at the conference is copyrighted and cannot be posted to an open forum like this one.

I think the CDs of the conference presentations have been offerred for sale to non-attendees a couple of months after the conference.

Getting the presentations is a benefit of attending the conference.

I will not be there :(

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

John,

I checked on the plmworld.org website, and unfortunately there are no presentation files available from your talk "What’s New in NX 7.0 - Design (NX)".

Can you share any information about this topic here?

Thanks.

That's because I don't do PowerPoint (except for a picture of my girls). My session is 98% live demos. And NO, there was no video recording of my session(s) this year.

As for what I did, I first demoed a 32 years old GRIP program just to prove that I could ;-)

I then showed several new improvements to NX 7.0 including some enhancements to extrude/revolve, display of your models, some sheetmetal design in context of an assembly.

I then spent a fair amount of time showing several new capabilities being added to Synchronous Modeling, both History and History-Free.

And then ended it with a bit of 'teaser' from NX 7.5, 3-Face Blending.

And that was about it.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Cypress, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back