Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

plot problems-cannot plot dimensions ACAD 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

proinwv2

Mechanical
Mar 12, 2003
My plots have one problem. The dimension text is not printing.

The dim lines, arrows, etc. do print. Any regular text placed on this layer also will print.

It only occurs on a new drawing that I just created. Not previous ones. I cannot find any settings that are different, but there must be one somewhere.

It seems to me that I had this problem once before, but I can't remember the solution. I use ACAD 2006

Paul Ostand

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

review your dim style and check the line weight / color for the text is set to something that your pen table will plot.

Well again, the other features plot; lines, arrows so this setting has to be ok.

Correct??

Even so color, linetype, and lineweight are set "ByBlock"

Text style is "Standard", color "ByBlock"

Layer color is "white"; control "By Layer"

Paul Ostand

On the color "white" for a pen, make sure that you are set to 7 not 255, typicaly 255 looks as white AutoCAd Color Index, this is a non printing pen when set to object color,

Yes, I am set to "7" for color. But everything on that layer will plot EXCEPT for the actual dimensions. It seems that it cannot be in the layer setting. But, then it also seems it can't be in the dimstyle setting because the lines and arrows plot.

This is frustating!

Paul Ostand

Well I sort of solved it.

I set a new dimension style. Then erased the existing dimensions (there were not that many) and re-dimensioned using the new style and it is now ok.

I do not see what was really different between the two style settings. That is still troublesome, in that I do not know what I may have done incorrectly.

Anyway, I am back in business, and thanks to you who tried to assist.

happy.gif

Paul Ostand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back