Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Plotting 2 C size drawings on same page

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEwannabe

Electrical
Dec 4, 2001
US
I need help. I am trying to plot 2 C size drawings on an HP DesignJet 750C. The physical paper is on a 36" roll. I am using AutoCad 2000. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To plot several drawings, landscape or potrait, arranged to fit the paper:

Open a new drawing,
connect several drawings to it as XREF,
Rotate and move them as you like,
Then Plot.

If it is a one of plot then copy and arrange them in the one drawing and plot them. This saves mucking around with xrefs.

sc

Let me try to clarify my problem. I am using AutoCad 2000 and I am trying to plot 2 drawings on the same piece of paper, (in particular 2 C size drawings ). The problem that I am running into is that first: I am not sure the correct steps or settings to accomplish this, and when I think that I have the settings correct I end up with 1 C size drawing on a single sheet of paper.

I am using an HP DesignJet 750C if this helps.

At the prompt in AutoCAD type 'hpconfig' then set the plotter not to cut between drawings. When you finish your set hit the 'form feed and cut' button on the plotter itself to cut the pages.

I believe you can use the front panel on the HP750C to nest the drawings. Nesting is used to place drawings side-by-side to avoid wasting media. If you have the users guide for the plotter the steps to set nesting up can be found there.

I think I would spec for a d size plot
and insert the 2nd drawing next to the
1st drawing and plot them together.
i.e. two Cs make a D sheet. You might
have to play with landscape or portrait
in the setup. Keep us all posted. You
will have to trim it by hand. Bid deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back