Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plotting large plots in AutoCAD 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

natester

Automotive
Aug 12, 2002
US
I have an AutoCAD drawing that I have received is about 36” X 100”. I have never plotted a drawing this size before and so far I have not been able to find a way to plot this size in AutoCAD. Do you know if this is possible to plot something this size in AutoCAD 2002 and if so how it is done? By the way if it matters my plotter is a HP 755CM.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Natester,

I never plotted 36x100 but I used to plot 36x64. I had to go under the plotter properies then the custom settings. Here I created a custom papersize. In this same area I also set my choices (color, quality, etc.) instead of setting these manually on the plotter itself. I'm not at work at the moment, so I can't give any more step-by-step details. But I'll check-in come morning time and if you need we can get more detailed. Good Luck.

Stephen E. Motichek
Project Consulting Services, Inc.

If your plotter can accept a 36" roll you may want to check on whether or not you can set up a printable area of 34.5" by 100" long in page set up. Our plotter is a HP430 but will accept only 24" long roll and our largest prints are 24" by 36" so we never had to go larger than ARCH D size paper.

if you have a wide plotter it is no problem. enter the plot command, go to the device configuration, go to the properties on the right, go to "custom paper size" and you can change the length as long as you want, as long as the width stays not more then 36", it adds to the sizes list as "user"

good luck
didi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back